Production Maintenance Technician
Andover, MA 01810
Our client company, located in Andover, Massachusetts, is looking for a Production Maintenance Technician to join their team! The Production Maintenance Technician will provide technical support to the Dental Implant Finishing and Packaging departments by ensuring all equipment and processes are performing at maximum efficiency. This is a hands-on technical position in an automated production environment requiring knowledge of electro-mechanical trouble shooting and repair. The position will also entail outright production of medical devices (dental implants) as deemed necessary by the department Line Chief.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for production and support equipment. This includes cleaning of the equipment and adjacent work areas.
- Perform unplanned maintenance for production and support equipment.
- Optimize performance of production and support equipment by adjusting, modifying or otherwise tuning said equipment to maximize on-line time and minimize production cycle time.
- Assist production associates and operators in setting up and adjusting equipment for specific lot processing.
Present process improvement ideas to the Department Line Chief, and if approved, assist with implementation of same.
Complete and file all preventive and unplanned maintenance records.
Manage spare parts inventory.
Maintain an up to date record of all equipment operating parameters and settings, including programmable logic controller and machine interface screen programs.
Create or modify process operating and maintenance procedures.
Run production equipment or perform manual production tasks as directed by the department Line Chief.
Ensure all equipment and processes operate in accordance with established environmental, health and safety procedures.
- As assigned by Line Chief.
- Candidate may be assigned to work in other departments as needed.