Picker and Packer
Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748 | Contract
Our client, located in Central Massachusetts, is looking for a Picker and Packer to join their team.
Works directly for either the Vlier Finished Goods Lead or the Assembly Lead in a fast paced manufacturing environment performing various kitting, picking, packing, shipping, warehousing, and inventory control functions to support business unit goals.
- Accurately kit components to discrete jobs.
- Perform daily cycle counts of discrete components and/or finished goods.
- Pick and/or pack finished goods orders from stock locations for shipment.
- Replenish packing supplies from stock.
- Back up Vlier Finished Goods Lead as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following company safety procedures.
- Read and understand material data safety sheets and recognize special handling and labeling needs of hazardous material.
- Practice FIFO.
- Maintain proper material per lot control and process.
- Verify order accuracy using bar code scanner
- Perform Oracle and system transactions as required for receipts, transfers, and issues with accuracy.
- Work to eliminate non-value added activities.
- Work as part of a team, cross-training as needed.
- Safely operate material handling equipment to move and store inventory in high-bay storage racks.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.