Merrimack, NH 03054 | Contract
Our client, located in Southern New Hampshire, is seeking a Payroll Administrator.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for performing specialized payroll accounting administrative functions in support of completing all aspects of payroll processing.
- Work from established payroll accounting or clerical procedures, chart of accounts, tabulated lists or reports, journal entries, ledgers, and documented and verbal work instructions to prepare and execute organizational payrolls.
- Compute wage data including rate changes, retroactive pay, time worked, overtime, absences and vacations, and perform data imports and data entry into the payroll system.
- Report deduction withholding to appropriate agencies.
- Maintain time and attendance records, advising company department representatives with correct record keeping.
- Make adjustments as necessary, with supporting approval documentation from employees and management.
- Prepare special payrolls when required. Calculate individuals' earnings, deductions, and net pay.
- Requires an Associate’ s Degree in Accounting or related field and two to four years directly related accounting experience to learn basic procedures and systems, and all related payroll systems and procedures; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires PC ability and knowledge of payroll and spreadsheet software, with advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Experience with implementation of new Payroll and Timekeeping systems is a strong advantage for consideration.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.