PCBA Manufacturing Engineer
Lebanon, NH 03766
Our client, located in Northern New Hampshire, is growing and looking to add a Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Manufacturing Engineer. Our client designs and manufactures electronic sensors that measure tilt, shock, vibration, acceleration, angular rate, orientation, heading, position, heave, surge, and sway as well as application specific inertial, orientation, and position measurement devices.
Key Job Functions:
- Lead PCBA Manufacturing Engineering (lead NPI process handoff from engineering to production, identify and manage suppliers, recommend, develop, and validate circuit board assembly methods, conduct electronic, mechanical and chemical failure analysis, troubleshooting, and drive continuous improvement)
- Lead PCBA Electronics Assembly Technicians (oversee training and hand soldering prototype printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA), develop soldering and assembly best practices, develop documentation, and answer questions).
- Coordinate resource needs with supply chain and customer service (support staff allocation, scheduling and work assignments, manage critical inventory items, manage obsolesces of components, and support environmental compliance).
- Quality supporter (develop test plans, AQL plans, supplier quality, inspections, and reports).
- Product environmental compliance supporter (RoHS, WEEE, REACH, Conflict Minerals, and waste disposal).
- Failure analysis supporter (DFMEA, FMEA, FA, and RCA).
- BS or AS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or related), with 5 to 20 years of experience in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Expertise in PCBA manufacturing, metal plating, and electronics assembly are desirable.
- Exceptional organizational skills to prioritize and complete assignments and projects independently, while balancing competing needs and attending to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cooperate with team members and leaders.
- Proficiency using information technology tools, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet research.
- Strong analytical ability including basic high school level math skills.
- Take ownership of PCBA Manufacturing for our sensor line by coordinate and leading a number of cross functional teams to increase communication, productivity, and efficiency.
- The employee is expected to dedicate the time necessary to accomplish the given job requirements.
- Is expected to frequent the production floor for inspection, fact finding, communication, and coordination.
- May be required to travel nationally and internationally on an occasional basis.
- On average employment will require 40 – 50 hours per week at our client facilities or off site on client business.
- In addition, it is the expectation of employer that the employee will dedicate personal time to further his or her education as it relates to work at our client. This should include time spent reading relevant trade publications, journals, and textbooks.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.