OEM Service Support Technician
Springfield, Vermont 05156 | Contract
Our client, located in Vermont, is seeking to fulfill an OEM Service Support Technician role for their 1st shift opening.
Primarily responsible for providing effective internal and external customer service by utilizing knowledge of OEM products and services. Assist the Service Manager in troubleshooting and test of OEM equipment. Responds to customer inquiries regarding sales and/or service and manages order fulfillment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes customer orders and changes utilizing company software according to established procedures.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers regarding orders and/or shipments.
- Utilization of internal company software and Microsoft Office products.
- Understand and utilize automation and industrial control software (programmable logic controllers PLC).
- Follow-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates and provides timely feedback regarding service issues or customer inquiries.
- Assemble and troubleshoot OEM machines and/or printers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, mechanical, and electrical schematics.
- Continually assist in updating manuals.
- Provides shipping with accurate documentation for on time delivery.
- Processes customer returns and RMA’ s according to established procedures.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
- Services customers by analyzing, interpreting, and resolving customer inquiries for sales and service.
- Determines appropriate responses to the customers and refers more complicated inquiries to higher level of sales or service.
- Accurate maintenance of the customer data base and utilization of internal company software and Microsoft Office.
- Be a central contact for customers and sales reps when Sales and/or Service Manager(s) are unavailable.
- The availability to travel to the customer site for installation, startup, training, and service as needed.
- The ability to be a self-starter and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in job assignments and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Meets physical and mental demands.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in electronics or relevant education and experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, work instructions, and software manuals.
- Strong knowledge electro-mechanical assembly and testing.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (or equivalent).
- Perform each essential function.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.