Mechanical Drafter - 1st Shift
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Our client who specializes in producing cables and connector’ s for the military is now looking for a Mechanical Drafter to join their team on 1st shift.
Great stable and friendly work environment.
This position is responsible for utilizing computer-aided design systems to create and revise technical drawings for product manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create mechanical, electrical, and optical components and assemblies using 3D solid modeling and/or 2D CAD software, with information provided by engineering personnel.
- Support fixture and tooling design efforts using 3D solid modeling and/or 2D CAD software.
- Create and manage associated engineering drawings and documentation.
- Manage assigned workload to ensure timely completion under rigid quality standards.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the department and overall business improvement programs as needed.
- Intermediate skills in 3D solid modeling/drafting using SolidWorks software.
- Intermediate skills in 2D drafting using AutoCAD software.
- Intermediate knowledge of conventional engineering drawing practices per ASME Y14 standards.
- Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5.
- Basic knowledge of machining operations and shop practices.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.