Job Number: 51314
Are you seeking more of a work life balance? Would you enjoy every other Friday off? Looking to join a great team with potential growth?
If you answered yes, apply here!
The Materials Specialist will work under the guidance of Stockroom Lead, responsible for the performance of a variety of manual and clerical duties required for the accurate and timely receipt, packaging, labeling, shipping, and distribution of materials and products through the Company Stockroom and Shipping Departments.
Typical duties could include, but would not be limited to those listed below:
- Identify, count, check, log, weigh, and validate incoming and outgoing products and materials to properly package, distribute, and/or store such items, insuring all military (if applicable), customer, state, federal, and customer regulations are met.
- Move, load, and unload store and retrieve materials, supplies, parts, raw stock, etc. (may use hand trucks and dollies).
- Provide accurate and timely processing and disposition of all shipping and material documents, including purchase orders, receiving reports, freight bills, packing slips, invoices, routing tags, bills of lading, and damaged goods records.
- Obtain proper authorization signature for deliveries, records, and return all receipts.
- Verify items to be shipped or received against information contained in shipping and receiving documents.
- Notify supervisor of damage, improper quantity, or other discrepancies.
- Follow standard instructions in the selection of proper use of packing materials and packing procedures in accordance with Military, Air Transport Association, or special customer specifications, if applicable.
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Perform a variety of related shipping and receiving duties that may include general clerical work, light typing, checking items shipped or received, driving a company van, etc.
- Perform other related duties, including active participation in lean manufacturing initiatives, as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and use commercial English and basic Mathematics where accuracy is important.
- Familiarity with material handling documents and basic shipping and receiving procedures.
- Must be able to perform general clerical duties that require basic computer skills.
- This position requires frequent physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds (over 25 pounds with assistance).
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.