Boxborough, MA 01719 | Direct Hire
Our client, located in Central Massachusetts, is looking for a Materials Associate to join their team.
The Materials Associate will be responsible for planning material that supports production needs in order to deliver high-quality product on-time and at a cost target that supports the business needs. Management of material flow and JIT inventory through the use of Kanban, visual management, and blanket order agreements is essential to the role. Timely communication between the supply chain and production team via daily management is critical to the success of the Materials Associate. Demonstrating the use of daily management and a passion for continuous improvement is an imperative part of the Materials Associate role.
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Plan production materials through the use of Kanban and MRP scheduling in support of customer delivery expectations.
- Responsible for overall Kanban health in production cell, including material presentation, Kanban board management, inventory count, and adherence to Kanban audit requirements.
- Responsible for material presentation changes resulting from Kanban resizing initiated by Buyer/Planner.
- Deliver material to production cells and manage Kanban process in support of production needs.
- Review potential stock outs and past due purchase orders, expedite as needed, and communicate timely updates to the production team through daily management.
- Release purchase orders against established blanket order agreements.
- Purchase materials from planned order reports and requisitions.
- Assist in the transition of material from MRP to Kanban through the use of the Fortive Materials System (FMS) to support JIT delivery and achieve delivery and inventory targets.
- Process non-conforming materials in MRB in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain inventory accuracy through management of a cycle count program.
- Act as backup to receiving and shipping duties as needed.
- Support Buyer/Planner in resolution of invoice discrepancies with suppliers as needed.
- Embrace the Fortive culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to write well and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Oracle (MRP) experience desired.
- Understanding of Kanban process and JIT inventory
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, and Word).
Required Skills and Experience: (List of required skills and experience to perform this position)
- Planning and expediting.
- MRP, material handling, material flow, Kanban, and JIT.
- High School Diploma and/or Associate Degree.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.