Manufacturing Quality Technician
Watertown, MA 02472
Exciting opportunity right outside of Boston with a growing 3D Printing company. They work with well known companies such as Amazon, Google, NASA, and many more!
Our client is looking for someone to join their small Quality team currently only two people. Due to growth, the workload demands bringing on a new teammate to help inspect, test, and document quality date of various products such as Fiber, Plastics, and Nylon.
The best part - you will be trained to operate 3D printers as part of the quality control process.
The Quality Technician is responsible for analyzing and solving quality problems, performing incoming inspections on materials, sampling work in progress, performing audits, analyzing quality data, performing routine checks on gauging, and dispositioning of non-conforming materials. You will work with the quality team to drive quality systems and standards, as well as continuous improvements through the facility.
Are you a fit?
If you a recent college graduate who has a degree in the requested fields below, who has also had an internship or take courses which demonstrated mechanical aptitude and inspection - APPLY NOW!
- High school diploma/GED is required with 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’ s degree in Science, Math, or Engineering is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge:
- Experience with working with materials that are environmentally sensitive is preferred.
- Experience with common measuring instruments, such as a micrometer, caliper, and indicator, is preferred.
- Knowledge of raw materials, measurement instruments, production processes, quality control.
- Mathematics – Basic mathematics skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, ratios, percent’ s, and basic graphing).
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Apps
- Passion for production and quality standards
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Team player that focuses on details within the production process
- Manages multiple projects with different teams and priorities
- Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to different levels of the organization
Working on feet in manufacturing facility for 5+ hours per day. Working on computer for 4+ hours per day. Safety glasses and other PPE required for light manufacturing support.