Job Number: 51277
Our client, located in Southern NH is looking for a skilled Manufacturing Engineer with an Electronics background to assist with their growing business.
- Utilize meters, scopes, analyzers, and power supplies to trouble-shoot PCB' s, circuits, and products during the production testing; design, build, and program automation fixtures using Matlab/LabView
- Develop and deploy validated assembly fixtures and manufacturing processes; provide recommendations to co-workers regarding fabrication techniques, assembly steps, tooling, and materials; advise and solicit observations from Assemblers and Testers.
- Utilize lean manufacturing techniques to improve manufacturing efficiency; analyze and plan work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure consistency of product and process quality by defining test methods; validate finished-product and process capabilities; define and establish production standards.
- Review process trends by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; maintain product and process databases; compile data from field service and present corrective action plans; utilize statistical software (Excel, MiniTab, etc) to forecast trends and adjust accordingly
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; estimate future manufacturing requirements; deliver results in accordance with production schedules.
- Create break-even spreadsheets; recommend make-versus-buy decisions; understand materials and process costing.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with agency regulations.
- Work closely with other Manufacturing Engineers and Purchasing Manager on vendor support activities; conduct training of contract manufacturers; request, review, and confirm vendor corrective action.
- Maintain capital equipment accuracy by coordinating maintenance and repair services for Client’ s environmental chamber, custom test equipment and manufacturing equipment.
- Participate with NPI by validating processes, writing test procedures, reviewing test equipment and training personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Document and submit Engineering Change Requests and Orders.
- Supports Purchasing, Materials, and Field Service Managers; intervenes with Quality Control, Engineering and Sales staff as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical combined with 7 to 10 years manufacturing experience.
- Proven success with a 50 to 100 employee manufacturing company.
- Positive attitude, team contributor, follows through on communications and achieving expected results.
- Self-starter willing to assume ownership of process and product problems throughout the production floor.
- Strong analytical skills and expertise to collect, organize, analyze, and summarize findings; develops conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledgeable with financial and accounting principles.
- Lean Manufacturing - Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.