Maintenance and Engineering Technician - 1st Shift
Exeter, New Hampshire 03833 | Contract
Our client, is a worldwide leader in manufacturing and marketing of respiratory devices that improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall delivery costs and improve quality of life for patients.
They were recently voted one of the best places to work in New Hampshire and they are now seeking to hire a Maintenance and Engineering Technician!
The position of Maintenance and Engineering Technician is responsible for providing floor support including troubleshooting production problems to support the assembly and testing of medical devices; fabricating, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment, both manual and automated; assisting engineers and production management with improvement activities. Conduct periodic or unscheduled equipment maintenance and act as the Preventive Maintenance (PM) system owner. Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs), robots, vision systems, servo controls, actuators and sensors is highly desired.
- Perform all assigned tasks while always maintaining FDA QSR and ISO compliance.
- Install and set new equipment both electrically and mechanically.
- Set up, change-over, operate and clear faults on manual and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and make mechanical, electrical or software adjustments to mfg. equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electrical, software and mechanical related faults
- Take ownership of the Preventive Maintenance system. Write procedures and policies to support the execution of PM tasks.
- Interpret engineering specs to troubleshoot problems to root cause (e.g. component failure).
- Notify supervisor upon encountering quality problems and assist in troubleshooting.
- Work closely with engineers on process improvements, experiments and validations.
- Fabricate fixturing using common shop equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and training to engineering and production employees.
- Write procedures to support the assembly and test of medical devices.
- Build and test products following specifications and according to approved procedures.
- Collect and analyze basic statistical data (e.g. Pareto, process capability run charting).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
No medical or clean room needed so great opportunity to gain some experience within the Medical Device manufacturing field!
Apply today and interview tomorrow!
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.