Maintenance Mechanic - Day Shift
Newington, NH 03801 | Contract
Our client, a leading producer of fiber optic cables used in international communication, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join their team!
If you’ re a Maintenance Mechanic-focused individual looking for a position with long-term potential, this could be the job for you.
- Maintains boiler house system and equipment including periodic testing and repairs, and performs annual cleaning and inspection.
- Performs maintenance to equipment which is needed on a periodic basis.
- Properly completes documentation pertaining to duties both on paper and in a variety of computer systems.
- Works as a team player to facilitate the objectives of the Maintenance Department.
- Follows verbal and written instruction and is accountable for his/her actions.
- Follows safety guidelines (PPE, etc.) and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe manner, following plant safety rules, and Lockout/Tagout.
- Adheres to the safety and quality standards (goals and metrics) of the organization while working within a team environment.
- Accepts increased responsibility and is accountable for his/her actions.
- Promotes job and process improvement as it relates to the Department.
Responds to multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
Repairs equipment when an issue is found during a PM and as requested by plant personnel, based on experience level and capabilities.
Maintains and performs periodic testing of fire protection and alarm systems.
- Performs repairs to fire protection system, including components, and fire alarm system.
Overtime may be required based on business need and regular attendance is required.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.