Machine Setup and Operator - 1st Shift
Franklin, New Hampshire 03235 | Contract
Our client in the Lakes Region, who has a strong focus on being the global leader in providing innovative, high-quality products, systems and solutions in the field of water technologies, is seeking candidates who are able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to set up and operate various pieces of medium to heavy duty machinery to produce valve bodies and valve components as needed for production requirements. Other duties as assigned.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strip prior job and prepare machine for setup.
- Obtain setup and check to insure all needed components are included in proper (sharp) condition for setup.
- Set machine up in accordance with printed setup sheets and by generally accepted machining principles, in order to maximize efficiency of job, and to insure proper machining of parts.
- Prepare the first piece inspection in accordance with company policy. If required, submit first piece to quality control department for inspection.
- Make minor and/or major adjustments to machinery to insure that product stays within established quality parameters.
- Perform resets which involve tool and tap changes, insert changes, jig or jaw realignment. Etc.
- Operate machinery to production mode and in accordance with generally accepted machining principles.
- Must complete in-process inspection on components being produced, along with necessary SPC charting to document continuous process control.
- Completion of production records such as recap cards and pan tickets. This includes use of gages and precision measuring equipment.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Good math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to use of gages and precision measuring equipment.
Current Mon-Fri hours: 6: 00am-2: 30pm
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.