Lead Assembly Technician
260 NECK RD Haverhill, Massachusetts 01830 | Contract
General Job Description:
Will be responsible for supervising daily activities of 20-30 employees. This will be a hands on supervisor position. 80% of the time will be spent as a working supervisor. 20% of the time will be managing the material flow and documenting/tracking production.
- Supervises and directs the activity of employees in the applicable area of responsibility.
- Communicates between manager, supervisor, quality, customer service, and shipping/receiving on material flow and deliveries outgoing as well as incoming.
- Read blueprints to set up different shop orders
- Set up automated machinery such as ultrasonic welding and filtration equipment
- Schedules and monitors all activities in the applicable area of responsibility to deliver quality product to the customer on time.
- Ensures that the work environment is safe for all employees affected.
- Maintains Team Improvement Boards and all other metrics employed in the area.
- Maintains conformance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards by ensuring all documentation is current, accurate and being followed.
- Completes Performance Evaluations for all non-exempt employees in the applicable areas.
- Quality inspection of products using calipers for preassembly and after production
- Train new employees and assist in other training for the team
- Responsible for monthly 5S audits
- High School Diploma or GED
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Lotus Notes and ability to learn a homegrown computer system
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical manufacturing environment working as a production lead.