159 Swanson Road Boxboro, Massachusetts 01719 | Contract
Our Client is seeking a Junior Buyer who prides themselves on results, is a cross-functional team player, and has a continuous improvement mindset. In this position you will be working closely with our well established purchasing team in a goal driven, quality based, lean manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for obtaining commitments and coordinating the procurement of all assigned material to support current operations.
- Procure materials at or better than targets established for quality, delivery, and cost while meeting or exceeding inventory turns goals.
- Place orders and obtain acknowledgement of purchase orders from suppliers
- Follow all steps of Kanban process standard work
- Run inventory and purchase order reports
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of freight to support production
- Ensure delivery dates on purchase orders are accurate and up-to-date
- Support quoting (cost and lead-time) activities for new and recurring sales opportunities.
- Provide regular updates to Purchasing Buyer/Management and respective department(s) on the delivery of items
- Complete supermarket audits as scheduled
- Monitor SQDIP board to infer hot items for immediate actions
- Resolve invoice discrepancies with suppliers as needed
- Performs a variety of activities in support of successfully arranging for delivery of parts in order to expedite and meet production schedules. Such items involve strong interface with Planner/Buyers, Manufacturing, and Quality, etc.
- Assist with administrative duties in the purchasing department
- Will be empowered to communicate directly with suppliers, while maintaining respectful linkage to purchasing buyers and management
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics or a related field preferred.
- Two+ years’ experience in a related field is preferred (i.e. buying, expediting order and material handling activates).
- MRP system experience required, JD Edwards desired
- Foundational understanding of Kanban process
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Project Management concepts and methods required.
- Proficient at the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.