Inside Technical Sales Representative
19 Bartlett Street Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752 | Contract
Our client is currently looking for an Inside Technical Sales Representative who will play a pivotal role in sales and pre-sales process. Act as the first technical interaction between a prospective customer and company. The Inside Technical Sales Representative will qualify leads by asking probing questions to gain understanding of the customer’ s needs, the applications, seriousness of the inquiry, and real sales potential (i.e. budget, authority, need, and timing). Once the prospect is qualified the Inside Technical Sales Representative will pass the opportunity along to the Outside Sales Engineer, retain ownership of the opportunity themselves, or hand the opportunity off to customer support for follow-up.
- Extensive interaction with customers and prospects via phone and email.
- Have the ability to deduce from customers all facts to adequately recommend a satisfactory product solution.
- Identify new sales opportunities when talking with prospective customers.
- Strong technical understanding of all company products and the ability to perform basic hardware demonstrations over WebEx sessions.
- Diligently log sales activities and opportunities in CRM.
- Qualify leads provided within CRM system.
- Prepare and send quotations and correspondence.
- Respond to invitations for bids.
- Develop new business and maintain existing customer loyalty.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal, listening, and questioning skills are required.
- Strong technical aptitude – Mechanical or Electrical.
- Bachelor degree preferable in a technical field.
- Inside technical sales experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years.
- Background in instrumentation, test, or data acquisition a plus.
- Technical ability to learn diverse product line.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be organized and have ability to set priorities.
- Must have desire to learn and work in sales office environment.
- Must be capable of handling many cases in parallel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and WebEx tools.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.