IT Support Specialist
Lebanon, NH 03766
Our client located in beautiful Lebanon, NH is seeking to fulfill the role of IT Support Specialist. In this position you would provide support and technical assistance to employees on a variety of IT issues. The successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems that arise throughout the day while responding to support tickets and completing assigned projects in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide first line help desk/user support.
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer system hardware, computer peripherals, and networking components.
- Software application support.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Installation of selected software packages including operating systems and applications.
- Diagnose various hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Follow Network, Computer, and Data Security procedures.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize IT resources.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will require the following of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation including policies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing).
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels within and organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Be organized, detail oriented and able to multi task.
- Meet the physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 30 pounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Networked operating systems in a Windows environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 years IT/Help Desk equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, MS office products, PC hardware technologies, TCP/IP, and Internet connectivity.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.