242 Neck Road Haverhill, Massachusetts 01835 | Contract
Do you have VMWare and Horizon experience? Check out this great opportunity for a worldwide industry leader!
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
This is a dual role that will provide manufacturing and operational support and improvement for information technology solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, designing, and analyzing systems and/or programs of moderate scope and complexity. Will develop procedures for the solution of a variety of well-defined business problems, or for segments of complex and difficult problems or systems, and plans the processes necessary for computer solutions. Looking for someone with VMWare experience.
1. Performs systems analyses of business and/or computing infrastructure problems of moderate scope and complexity that includes requirements definition, interfacing with users, and providing cost and benefit analyses. Prepares trade-off studies and benchmark analyses.
2. Confers with program and/or system users to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and evaluate specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports and screens.
3. Develop or modify moderately complex computer programs or systems by writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and processing steps required.
4. Determines if requested program change is possible within existing system by reviewing computer system capabilities, process workflow, and date when implementation is required. Prepares documentation (workflow charts and diagrams, etc.) to specify in detail, operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs or systems. Upgrades and maintains systems after implementation.
5. Generates, tests, implements, and documents program code required to develop applications or maintain current systems.
6. Prepares activity status reports to inform management of projects or milestones completed or pending, and identify any issues that need to be elevated to management for resolution or assistance.
7. Trains users for effective implementation and use of systems. Ensures a smooth implementation transition. Creates user documentation and develops training materials. May prepare and give technical presentations on selected topics.
8. Participates in new or alternative technology evaluation related to operating systems, hardware, software packages, development tools, databases and methodologies.
9. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency, customer service, and to reduce cost.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical professional publications, establishing industry networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal and state legal (e.g. software licensing, confidentiality of employee records); ensures adherence to requirements; and advises management on needed actions. May research existing and new legislation requirements.
Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Prepares and conducts technical presentations on selected topics. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement)
Bachelor’ s degree (BA/BS) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years related application/infrastructure experience utilizing the company’ s standard toolsets. Specific assignment may require recognized certification in area of expertise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of moderately complex programming, system design, and analysis principles, and general business operations. Specific area of assignment may require knowledge in specific or multiple products and tools such as: technical knowledge of software and hardware selection implementation and testing methodology, client/server application development, architecture, database-connectivity and database design methodology; and, knowledge of manufacturing and support organizations, business and workflow process, and quality methods. General knowledge of and ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to information technology and related areas. Knowledge of project management standards, methods and techniques. Ability to work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals. Ability to communicate effectively with users, project teams, and management. Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals and detailed technical manuals and procedures. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from users. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Overnight, long distance travel (including international) may be required, based on the individual needs of the position. This position may require working late nights and weekends. The employee is occasionally required to move or carry computer equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings