Lebanon, NH 03766
Our client, a world leader in vibrating wire technology, is a manufacturer of sensors and instrumentation used in civil, mining, and structural engineering projects throughout the world. We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to support our customers in technically related matters. This is a full-time position and will include some domestic and international travel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Handles customer questions related to instrument selection, data analysis, troubleshooting, etc.
- Review RFQ’ s and inquiries and assist with the preparation of bids to in response to same.
- Liaise with Sales and Engineering Departments to realize compelling and competitive solutions to monitoring challenges.
- Coordinate field service activities, including training of our client’ s personnel.
- Coordinate on-site and in-house customer training programs.
- Represent our client at trade shows and conferences.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BSCE, MS preferred in a geological subject.
- 5-10 years geotechnical engineering experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Pile design and pile testing.
- Slope stability.
- Groundwater hydrology.
- Understanding and use of various field instrumentation.
- Awareness of soil and concrete testing procedures.
- Familiarity with multiple aspects of geotechnical engineering.
- Excellent writing capabilities and the skill to write clear, concise technically correct geotechnical documents with strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and the ability to manage projects and budgets.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Team player, with patience and skill to train and mentor others.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific work and technical journals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to respond to questions and criticisms from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Willing to travel and work in remote areas for up to two (2) weeks at a time.
- Resilience and tenacity, ability to multi-task.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Our client is an outstanding company offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including Medical/Dental, Life/Disability Insurance and 401(k).
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.