Equipment and Documentation Specialist
151 Suffolk Lane Gardner, Massachusetts 01440 | Direct Hire
Our client is currently seeking an Equipment and Documentation Specialist.
- Assist MFI with development of estimates and bids. Coordinate with MFI, purchasing department, engineering, PMs, and outside vendors as needed to support material and equipment pricing efforts for estimates and bids.
- Assist MFI, Project Supply Manager and Procurement Manager with procurement planning and expediting. Assist with development and completion of procurement plans for each bid/project. Follow up with vendors and internal team members as directed to ensure timely material and equipment deliveries.
- Develop inspection, testing and QA/QC plans/check lists for company-owned equipment. Oversee inspection, testing and QA/QC documentation process for all pre-shipment activities to ensure equipment is ready for deployment and operation. Oversee pre-demob (on-site) and post-demob (shop) activities inspection and QA/QC documentation activities to ensure any damage, maintenance needs and/or deviations or modifications are recorded and addressed.
- Oversee full system testing and QA/QC documentation for all equipment skids prior to project site deployment.
- Develop a testing plan by gathering information to determine scope, intercompany involvement, subcontractor involvement, special tools and equipment necessary for testing prior to the start of system testing. Testing plan may include steps to be taken to simulate equipment that is not available for “ full system testing.”
- Schedule and include appropriate engineering and field representatives to match desired testing scope.
- Document results of pre-shipment testing. Address any deficiencies noted in pre-shipment testing.
- Confirm design and tested equipment as received from vendors. Document any variations between what was ordered and what was received. Document final as-received configuration on as-built drawings, ensure all system manuals and documentation reflect final as-built configuration. (Must have the ability to work with field personnel and/or travel to site or vendor location if equipment will be delivered directly to site and is not available at the shop prior to shipment).
- Develop/execute work orders. Ensure that work orders are generated properly and they contain the appropriate scope of work definition and approvals necessary for testing of equipment.
- Maintain equipment documentation for all equipment. Currently called our “ Service Reports”, these excel documents must be kept current and reflect not only service done while equipment is being readied for deployment to next project but any service work performed in the field during the installation and operation phase of the project. Must coordinate with construction supervisors, lead operators and the MFI to document and seek approval for any changes made to equipment in the field. Ensure that operations staff are maintaining current equipment service reports, through frequent contact and/or use of a common maintenance/service record data base.
- Work with Engineering to develop an O&M plan, which outlines the manufacturers’ recommended maintenance requirements, and develop a detailed parts list to ensure the proper parts are used during maintenance activities.
- Trucking Coordination & Training.
- Arrange and coordinate all trucking efforts for company equipment/materials, both to and from Gardner, sites and vendors, as required. Trucking will be bid out periodically to confirm company is receiving competitive pricing.
- Establish truck layout/packing prior to trucks showing up to Gardner/Site, so space is optimized and loading time is minimized. Loading plan can be made either with CAD, graph paper, or outside/on site by marking out the dimensions of the truck on the asphalt and simulating packing, prior to a truck showing up on site.
- Generate packing lists and BOL for the truck, which may be a combination of other packing lists for crates etc. done by others. Ensure all QA/QC procedures have been completed on the equipment prior to loading. If QA/QC procedures are not complete, then bring to the attention of the MFI prior to shipment, to confirm approval to complete some QA/QC activities in the field.
- Arrange crane services and prepare lifting plant at Gardner, any off-loading with crane on site will be arranged, including lift plan, by the Construction Manager/Foreman.
- 5 years minimum experience working with technology and equipment in operation, or comparable field operation experience with continuous duty remediation equipment.
- Knowledge of schedules, budgets, and practical working knowledge of remediation equipment.
- Attention to detail and follow through in QA/QC documentation and recordkeeping.
- Embrace and execute the corporate safety culture in all work performed.
- Computer literate (specific to Microsoft Office Suite), proficient with MS Excel.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.