125 Fisher St Westborough, Massachusetts 01581 | Contract
Perform implementation duties related to new product introduction and process support activities. Work to
assure the effective transfer of new products into production, as well as provide process support for current
products. Work with Quality and Production on continuous improvement programs, process improvements and
corrections within the factory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to all ESD requirements and Board Handling.
• Use of Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD) handling requirements based on component moisture sensitive levels (MSL).
• Responsible for receipt of customer documentation, securing it in the document control data locations within site’ s customer vault locations.
• Interpret customer and technical specifications, drawings, engineering instructions, and fabrications and communicate requirements to the factory.
• Develop Manufacturing Work Instructions in that encompass the entire assembly and test process.
• Assist in the establishment of the manufacturing process in the factory and train operators on the requirements of the assembly process.
• Make necessary changes to manufacturing process instructions due to Engineering Change Orders
(“ ECOs”) and work with operators on rework requirements as necessary.
• Generate Process Change Notices (“ PCNs”) and process updates within the manufacturing process.
• Perform and participate in the Kit Readiness Checklist (“ KRC”) process as it applies to verifying previous shop orders and the yield analysis of those orders and adjust the manufacturing process instructions as required.
• Analyze Material Rejection Reports (“ MRRs”) and process materials and investigate root cause and provide corrective actions for elimination of errors on future assembly builds.
• Monitor and interpret manufacturing defect data and quality trends for assigned products, correlating the RMA data by assembly to the yield by shop order.
• Written and oral communication within the companies community and externally to its customers.
• Coach and train manufacturing operators in the proper performance of assembly processes.
• Support and follow all ISO standards related to companies various Quality Management Systems. These
systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
• Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to utilize electronic manufacturing system (OCuity).
• Knowledge of IPC-DVD-64C Component Identification.
• Pass IPC-A-610 Modules 1 & 2.
Technician, Engineering - Page 2 of 2 Revision Release Date: 01.01.2015
• Participate in Quality Improvement Team (QIT), Customer Focus Team (CFT) and ECO meetings.
• Ability to manage and flex competing priorities to meet deadlines.
• AS in engineering or equivalent industry experience.
• 1-5 years in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Suite).
• Basic mechanical drawing.
• Ability to interpret specifications.
• Working knowledge of industry standards: IPC-610, ESD, ISO 9002, and all other applicable ISO standards.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.