Merrimack, New Hampshire 03054 | Contract
Our client, in Southern New Hampshire, is seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to provide advanced support for engineering research projects, engineering development programs, and support of manufacturing transition activities under limited supervision.
You will provide an advanced level of technical assistance with the design, development, construction, and testing of developmental prototype products, transition of pilot products to manufacturing, general electro/mechanical activities, test systems documentation, design, development and execution, and general research design, development and testing activities.
You will work closely with members of an engineering project team with minimal direction and instructions, work with project team members or manufacturing on engineering change orders, and act as a lead technician on engineering projects. May coordinate, review and analyze the activities of a less experienced technician.
- Provide complex technical assistance in the design, development, testing, and modification of engineering prototypes.
- Design, develop, construct, and modify complex electronic circuits and mechanical designs utilizing known design concepts. Determine circuit values for specified maximum performance in basic circuits by making necessary mathematical calculations.
- Works independently and closely with electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineering to troubleshoot systems, parts tracking and ordering, modifying, manipulating, and configuring test setups that supports engineering prototypes.
- Be able to design and create software scripts to do some work that insure proper function of system sub-assemblies that may include other software, electronics, and mechanical items.
- Determine type of tests to be performed, approve and suggest modifications to testing equipment and analyze test results to evaluate performance of products or equipment.
- Determine appropriate materials and processes for preparing technical reports.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes. Assist in the planning, testing and evaluation of laboratory equipment, new and existing materials and techniques.
- Exercise specialized technical judgment in the substitution of parts and materials. Evaluate and select optimum alternatives.
- Develop or improve techniques to meet quality, function, and cost standards.
- Maintain effective liaison with all interfacing departments to assist engineering in transition from development into production.
- Design, construct, modify, and support in the engineering of various tooling fixtures necessary for the assembly of components for various devices and instruments that are in prototype, production build, and/or test.
- May act as technical representative, traveling to customer sites and/or tradeshows to advise and instruct in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Company-produced products.
- Assure compliance of specific electronic equipment’ s maintenance and calibration documentation requirements.
- Compile, compute, analyze, and present a variety of engineering data as required.
- Review designs and specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy, and compliance with company and customer specifications.
- Specify, design, document, order, and test cabling assemblies.
- Support outside agency testing as needed per product.
- Support engineering and manufacturing for engineering change orders.
- Direct activities and provide technical direction to less senior technicians in building, testing, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Requires a technical Associate’ s Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar field and 10+ years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of a wide variety of materials that would be used for engineering and project startup development.
- Soldering Certification is desired.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.