Chelmsford, MA 01824
A client of ours is seeking an Engineer Technician to join their Team!
In this position you will be responsible for performing R&D lab technician duties that include building prototype PCB assemblies, as well as debugging and testing these assemblies. Duties also include building prototype assemblies, building test equipment, and performing associated administrative duties. Requires only moderate oversight in completing tasks.
- Builds and tests prototypes, including PCB' s and higher level assemblies
- Debug circuits as needed. Assist in related failure investigations
- Rework circuits based on marked up schematics and/or assembly drawings
- Document all work
- Builds R&D test fixtures per specifications provided, providing design assistance and feedback
- Executes test protocols per instructions provided, with minimal supervision, and provides results according to prescribed documentation procedures, providing test protocol design assistance and feedback
- Presents test report and design improvements to R&D project team members
- Interfaces with vendors and manufacturing on assembly process
- Sources parts and supplies with limited supervision
- No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions on new lines of work or special assignments
- Understanding of a breadth of basic electrical circuits
- Ability to read a schematic is a must
- High level of skill soldering and assembling PCB assemblies with small components (0402, 0201, SOIC, TSSOP, and DFN/QFN packages) Considerable practical knowledge of basic tasks associated with job focus
- Can follow semi-complex test procedures and protocols
- Can write basic test protocols and reports using guidance documentation or templates
- Ability to use basic and complex tools in area
- Ability to learn basics of more advanced tools after instruction
- Capable of following multiple tasks and provide progress updates
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on difficult challenges
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.