Engineering Solderer and Assembler - 1st Shift
Lowell, MA 01851
A client on Northern Massachusetts is seeking an Engineering Lab Assembler and Solderer to join their Team on 1st Shift!
This position will be in support of engineers and senior technicians working in a product development lab. You will work with lead and lead free solder and solder paste, epoxy, 0201 and 0402 size components, prints and drawings, will perform basic inspection, use multi-meters and do basic tests.
- Must be IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 certified.(expired is acceptable)
- Ability to hand solder for the assembly of bare boards, will do rework, work with 0201 and 0402 size components, work with test fixtures, wire harnesses based on engineering documents/prints - solder and assembly test will be given at the interview.
- Able to read and comprehend engineering documents/prints.
- Able to work under microscopes (high and low power microscopes).
- Capable of kit assembly - must have understanding of components such as capacitors, inductor, resistors, and RF connectors to be considered.
- Must be able to read/understand a wafer map.
- Be able to pick and place die from a wafer.
- Experience in epoxy attach such as die to open top packages.
- Experience in wire bonding would be beneficial This is manual bonding and requires expertise to handle challenging engineering assignments.
- Must be able to use a multi-meter for continuity checks.
- Working with a dynamic team you must be able to handle changing priorities in a fast pace environment to meet the demand of time sensitive schedules for product releases while maintaining the highest quality of workmanship.
- Must be able to meet ITAR work requirements.
- Must be proficient in reading/writing/speaking in English
Great opportunity to work for a growing company! This is a long term role.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.