Engineering Lab Technician 2nd shift
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Our Client is adding to their team! The are seeking an Engineering Test Lab. The Engineering Lab Tech, will perform a variety of tasks related to vibration, load deflection, shock, endurance and production testing.
- Set-up, perform, evaluate and document a variety of engineering and environmental tests
- Perform the following types of tests - vibration, load deflection, shock, endurance and production testing
- Evaluate and validate test results
- Evaluate and document test fixtures, procedures and test results
- Assist and cooperate with other lab techs, engineers, manufacturing personnel and customers to ensure expedient and accurate results
- Assist in the continuous improvement of methods, processes, documentation, safety and housekeeping in the lab.
- High School or equivalent with additional specialized technical training preferred
- 3-5 years related mechanical, electrical or testing experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Working knowledge of environmental test lab equipment such as universal testing machines, electrodynamics shakers and environmental chambers
- English skills, able to read and work from written instructions; interpret prints, use technical math to interpret and analyze complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables
- Computer literate, capable of using computer aided material testing systems
- Able to document test procedures, fixturing and test results
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work and problem solve in a team environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.