Embedded Firmware Engineer
Salem, NH 03079 | Direct Hire
Do you have strong C and/or C++ programming experience? Do you have experience and knowledge with firmware design and development? Interested in working for a medical device company that makes a difference how people live every day? This job could be for you!
Our client, in the Southern New Hampshire area, has a Direct Hire need for an Embedded Firmware Engineer. Key responsibilities include design, development, implementation, test, and maintenance of firmware. You will provide technical and documentation, participate in design and code review, work with other departments and do verification and validation test as well as risk analysis.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science – required.
- 2 years minimum of product development environment experience and ability to perform the essential job functions needed.
- Must have knowledge about microcontroller-based firmware design and development. This includes development tool such as C/C++ compiler, Debugger/Emulator, Embedded OS Etc.
- Must have experience in writing firmware under an embedded OS or real time scheduler.
- Must have experience in working with device driver and associated hardware such as timer, DMA, AD converter, Comparator, UART, I2C.
- Must have experience in writing embedded software that has hard real time requirements.
- Experience with 16 or 32 bits microcontroller.
- Ability to read circuit design and schematics is a plus.
- Wireless communications (Bluetooth) is a plus.
- Medical Device company experience with FDA and ISO standards is a plus.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.