Merrimack, New Hampshire 03054 | Direct Hire
A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, our client combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ ll see why joining this team could be the best move of your career.
This is an intermediate individual contributor position responsible for solving a variety of technical problems requiring some originality in the use of established techniques. The incumbent works with little or no direct supervision and must apply a full current knowledge of accepted principles and techniques within the electro-optics engineering discipline.
- Responsible for carrying out specific technical assignments in order to solve a variety of engineering problems involved in the design and development of products, equipment, or processes. May design, lay out complex items. Consults with higher level engineering personnel to resolve more complex design alternatives.
- Develop specifications against which designs can be produced. Translates experimental results into design criteria.
- Assist with portions of engineering projects or programs, the formulation of design criteria, or performing analysis of engineering data to select the best technical approach. Specifies phases of tests, investigation or analysis.
- Assist manufacturing in transition from development into production.
- Determine appropriate materials and processes for specific applications.
- Prepare engineering specifications for purchases.
- Fabricate engineering approval models and prototypes.
- Conduct field testing and research work for new applications.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates on proposed major design products.
- Ensure that sound scientific principles are applied in laboratory or pilot plant work.
- May assist in troubleshooting customer application problems.
- Provide direction to drafters and technicians.
- Develop reliability models for electromechanical, electro-optical sub assemblies and assemblies.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of vendor' s designs and manufacturing processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor' s Degree in engineering (Optics, Physics, or similar) with 5 years of experience preferably in a design-to-manufacture environment. Incumbents should possess a broad knowledge of electro-optics engineering with specific capabilities in areas such as optical design, imaging system development, laser systems, radiometry, or optical metrology.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.