Job Number: 50581
Our client, located in Northern New Hampshire, is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their Engineering Department.
The ideal candidate will have design engineering and leadership skills with experience in a broad range of electrical engineering disciplines including the design, development, qualification, and manufacture of aerospace electronics. Solid experience in analog circuit design is required. Specific experience with DC/DC converters, AC/DC supplies, DC/AC inverters, oscillators, timers, and high current linear regulators is a plus. Candidate should have experience with spice modeling and the PCB design knowledge to ensure high reliability circuit operation, thermal mitigation, (EMI) management, and lightning protection.
Familiarity with lighting, optics, and photo-metrics would be advantageous. Other job responsibilities include component obsolescence management, reliability analysis, component standardization and failure mode analysis. Software experience in CAD and circuit layout (PADS) would be an asset. Standard word processing skills for report writing and data manipulation expected.
- Candidates for this position must have B.S. in Electrical Engineering and a minimum 5+ years of industry experience in a design role.
- Experience in a project-engineering and/or leadership role is a plus.
- Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Design of multi-layer printed circuit boards and products for high speed communication supporting USB 2.0/3.0, ethernet at FE/1/2.5/5/10Gbps speeds, wireless 802.11 b/g/n/ac and LTE radio integration, microprocessor, and memory design and validation.
- Learn and then participate as a lead in the board assembly release process, including BOM management, revision control, configuration management, hardware bring-up, and issue tracking.
- Power management including budgeting, analysis and selection of regulators, design, and characterization as it relates to current draw and heat dissipation.
- I/O design including USB, SPI, and I2C interfaces.
- Failure analysis of existing and new designs including the development of Failure Mode Effects Analysis reports.
- Product validation and testing including final analysis and development of tests, reports, and programming code scripts.
- Use of and selection of test equipment- oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, meters, supplies, etc.
- Periodical use lab equipment such as soldering irons and heat guns on SMT components.
- BS in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering from an accredited university program.
- Software experience in languages or environments such as C/C++, Python, Linux, Bash, Arduino, Raspberry Pi.
- Design tool experience for schematic capture and layout, preferably Altium Designer.
- Team player and methodical self-starter able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.