Gardner, Massachusetts 01440 | Direct Hire
Our client is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer.
This position reports directly to the Senior Electrical Engineer and is responsible for overseeing and performing electrical engineering and related activities associated with company’ s projects, including: heater and electrical equipment calculations and specifications. This position will gradually become more involved with permitting, cost estimation, equipment procurement and fabrication, system startup, data management and reporting, and system troubleshooting (as required). This position involves up to 30% travel to project sites throughout the continental United States.
- Electrical design tasks may include heater calculations, electrical load calculations, short-circuit and overcurrent protection calculations, transformer and wire sizing, etc.
- Develop electrical equipment and power distribution equipment specifications; prepare electrical load calculations for single and three phase loads; prepare electrical single line drawings, schematics and detail drawings as required.
- Should have experience with ETAP (or similar) power system analysis tool.
- Assist with securing electrical service and rates for projects and bids with local or regional utility companies. Interface with permitting authorities and electrical subcontractors for electrical construction work.
- Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors. Prepare construction and equipment specifications, including means and methods. Compare bids and recommend the selection of subcontractors and material vendors.
- Become involved with PLC configuration programs, ladder logic diagrams. Support development of point-point wiring diagrams and selection of components for company-built PLC/control panels.
- Assist support team on site visits for new project opportunities to determine the available site power, any site utility/facility constraints, collect information regarding construction permits, evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with preparation of cost estimates.
- Support maintenance, testing and repair of company-owned electrical equipment.
Field Engineering [As Needed]:
- Perform the function of field engineer including hands on field work and/or field engineering, supervision of subcontractors, review of daily work production reports, schedule and budget. Inspect work of company staff and subcontractors. Communicate issues with senior electrical engineer.
- Verify that daily production reports are maintained
- Perform field QA/QC to ensure construction work is performed in accordance with design specification,
- Prepare detail drawings and fabrication/assembly supervision,
- Keep senior electrical engineer informed on design and performance issues.
- Communicate and coordinate work quality or safety concerns to the TerraTherm project manager, general manager and technology manager as necessary to ensure proper and safe completion of the project.
- Assist the TerraTherm construction supervisor and system operators with equipment commissioning and startup, and operational troubleshooting as necessary.
- Perform/support on-site and in-house electrical training for the field operations group.
- Always look for new and better ways to streamline the cost and performance of thermal remediation projects, capture information, and make overall improvements as learning takes place.
- As directed, develop new methods/equipment in accordance with approved budget and scope.
- Continue to gain knowledge on the remediation of hazardous materials by reading relevant trade journals and related information.
- Travel as necessary to perform position description duties. Expect up to ~30% travel for periods of 1 to 2 weeks and occasionally up to 3 to 4 weeks at one time, based on project work load.
- At least 3 to 5 years direct engineering experience or 5 years equivalent experience in electrical design/construction industry.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with electro-mechanical and process equipment assembly, integration, operation and trouble shooting.
- Ability to work with electrical meters and hand and power tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- Experience with instrumentation, controls, PLC and SCADA systems helpful but not required.
- BS or higher Electrical Engineering degree.
- Advanced training and experience in electrical power system design and distribution.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.