Chelmsford, MA 01824
Our client, located in Northern Massachusetts, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team!
In this role you will work independently to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques (Good Design Practices), procedures, criteria to the design, development, and enhancement of new and currently marketed medical device products. Architects, designs, tests, qualifies and documents new and revised electrical systems/subsystems including related analog, digital, power supply, electrical isolation, and high voltage circuitry. Work closely with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineers to design, develop, and support complete systems and subsystems. Efforts are primarily technical in nature but may include limited managerial activities such as project management duties. Works with outside vendors and contractors as required to accomplish tasks.
Design of system interconnection hardware for internal power and communications, generally instantiated as flex circuits or rigid flex circuits. Work will include work with communications protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, and Ethernet. Creation of supporting documentation, including requirements corresponding verification test plans, as well as stress and tolerance analyses.
- Acts in the role of hands-on and high level electrical designer.
- Works as a member of a new product design and development team where he/she may coordinate the efforts of a small group other staff.
- Often coordinates the efforts of 1-5 indirect reports including Electrical Engineering Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and/or Technicians, purchasing, or documentation.
- Works with outside vendors as required to specify, develop, and qualify custom components, assemblies, etc.
- Required to accomplish design, testing and product qualification goals.
- 40% Architecture, design, development, and product qualification tasks associated with new or currently marketed products. Effort will require extensive design documentation, including design and documentation reviews.
- 30% Documentation of new or revised products.
- 15% Debug testing or qualification of designs.
- 10% Direct or indirect coordination of company personnel to design, prototype, integrate new or revised products.
- 5% Participates in technical design reviews or new or revised products.
- Experience in the design, documentation, and testing of analog and digital electronics; power supply and high voltage circuit design helpful but not required.
- Experience in flex circuit and rigid flex circuit design techniques required.
- Product-specific experience, such as designing defibrillators, pacemakers or low level analog signal equipment would be a strong plus.
- Familiarity with medical device safety agency approval processes such as UL or ETL is a plus.
- Medical product design experience a definite plus, especially with IEC60601-1, and related standards.
- Computer literacy and proficiency required.
- Mastery of English language in verbal and written communication.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree, Masters in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of Electrical Engineering and circuit design experience.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
- Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.