Director of Trade Planning and Optimization
Norwich, VT 05055
A client of ours, located in beautiful Norwich, VT is seeking to add a Director of Trade Planning and Optimization to their Team! In this role you will lead the design, implementation and post evaluations of trade promotional strategies which support Family Flour business’ ability to achieve its marketing, sales and profitability objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop trade promotion, implementation and management strategy
- Plays key role in development of trade strategy and support for both existing and new item launches by product line, channels and customers
- Work with Sales and Brand Management to align pricing/product/profitability strategies by product line, channels and customers
- Lead Sales interface to develop IT Sales Technology strategy and road-map to support improved analytic capability and drive actionable report development
- Enhance budget/forecast accuracy through development of integrated business planning process between sales, marketing and operations
- Identify opportunities for profit optimization and create plans to deliver
- Develop and leads the sales planning process
- Leads education and training regarding trade promotion management and effectiveness with sales and other relevant members of the organization – Build Center of Excellence
Planning and Program Development
- Contribute to the planning cycle, as key partner for Sales, Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain.
- Lead the development and sharing of TPM insights in conjunction with Sales feedback and other data source analytics. Translate insights into opportunistic plans that feed the Marketing planning process and brand strategy development.
- Create Annual trade marketing plans for assigned markets/customers in line with strategic brand priorities and channel strategies. Provides the direction and methodology for identifying key market, account and brand opportunities.
- Coordinate the integration of shopper / digital marketing programs to align with brand/ customer programs.
- Communicate in timely fashion promotion/program plans with Sales leadership, ensuring alignment and partners to ensure effective execution.
- Identify proactively new opportunities/ solutions at local level with Sales and local TM teams to contribute to both business growth and brand building.
Budgeting and performance monitoring
- Oversee budget management to ensure optimal results leading to profitable revenue growth.
- Lead the allocation of Trade funds to appropriately support brand, market and key customer priorities while optimizing ROI.
- Responsible for managing and delivering promotional efficiencies which meet or exceed budgeted revenue goals.
- Create the analytical framework to evaluate key program performance and results including level of spending and ROI against established KPIs.
- Ensure compliance to financial procedures, compliance management and timelines
- Contribute to the development and communication of the annual commercial calendar
- Ensure that customer programs are executed as planned.
- Build capability within the team to deliver effective selling stories and brand education
- Perform field visits together with Sales leader and CSD’ s in a systematic and recurring way to get first hand insights on promos execution results and on the different outlets and locations, identifying issues and opportunities.
- Make proactive recommendations to improve programming details and/or execution efficiencies for gaps against KPIs
- Conduct post-event analyses
- Create policy guidelines to reduce deductions and post-audits from customers
- Work directly with CSD’ s as needed to review and help resolve issues.
- Work with finance to develop and measure customer profitability to assess trade effectiveness
- Contributes to the development of methodologies and reports to effectively analyze results and performance against KPIs.
- Lead on an ad hoc basis special projects
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Sales or other related field
- At least ten (10) years commercial experience (marketing, sales or trade marketing) of which:
- At least 3 years management responsibilities including managing both direct and indirect reports
- At least five (5) years trade marketing experience
- At least five years of P&L responsibility or equivalent 3-5 years leading sales planning processes to include trade planning, budget development, demand planning and collaborative customer planning
- Multiple channel experience is preferred
- Relevant experience in FMCG; experience in dry goods industry is a strong plus
- Multiple market/geography experience is preferred
- Core Skillset Expertise:
- Sales and Customer Strategy
- Annual Business Planning
- Strategic Integrated Business Planning
- Category/ Customer Management
- Trade Fund Implementation, Management and Post Evaluation
- Pricing, Profitability and Promotion Strategy
- Shopper / Digital Marketing
- Broker Management
- Sales Operations
- Technical Skills & Experiences
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strengths in Excel and Power Point
- Able to “ mine” data and provide strategic recommendations based on data insights
- Experience with functional design development and software implementations
- Experience with use and analytics of syndicated data (IRI or Nielsen preferred)
- Technical and process training development and execution
- Business Intelligence design and development a plus
- Other Related Skills & Experiences
- Demonstrated leadership skills including experience delivering results in cross functional environments
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Strong team-player, adaptable to fast growing, changing environment
- Pragmatic/hands on approach/proactive
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership to effectively drive budget allocations against business needs and able to influence sales and marketing
- Able to work with multiple departments
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Valid driver’ s license
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.