Job Number: 51258
Our client is currently seeking a Desktop Support Technician Level I to join their team! The Desktop Support Technician Level I will maintain and monitor end-user workstation and productivity on local area network. While also performing a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure workstations and networks are within company standards.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Displays knowledge of technology fundamentals needed for technician role
- Provide primary, secondary and tertiary support for users of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Provide primary support for client computer access to network resources.
- Analyze, support and resolve customer technical issues including, malfunctions or issues with system applications, data communications, email, remote access, and software and hardware peripherals associated with the desktop.
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and applications consistent with IT standards and processes.
- Coordinate issues and solutions with other IT support personnel and users.
- Respond to user issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work as a member of a team and provide off-hours support when required.
- Use tracking system to document issues and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with established company security policies and accepted risk impact to the business.
- Maintain configuration management documentation.
- Perform system or network administrative functions (review of system logs, backup activity, etc
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong capacity for critical thinking, engagement, and responsive communication
- Thrive in fast-paced environment, yet be patient at explaining technical issues to customers
- Exceptional customer support and communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and committed to following tasks through to completion
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, network printing and troubleshooting
- Experience working in a support request ticketing system and managing/prioritizing workload and multiple support requests a plus
- Experience supporting Windows OS 7/10 Desktops and MS Office Suite of products a plus
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.