Data Warehouse - Business Intelligence Developer
Norwich, VT 05055
Our client, founded in 1790 is the oldest flour company in the US and is 100% employee owned. As a founding B Corporation, our client cares as much about our people, community and planet as we do about the quality of our flour, mixes, products and baking education classes. If you enjoy working in a high performing, transparent and highly collaborative environment that offers challenging opportunities to improve and automate our IS services supporting Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Bakery, Café, E-commerce, CRM, Finance, HRMS and Baking Education systems, then check us out. We offer competitive pay, a performance bonus, 401K matching and long-term incentives. Yeah, companies like our client still exist.
As a BI/DW Developer, you will be responsible for developing high quality extraction/transformation/load (ETL) programs, creating logical and physical data models, data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams and building business intelligence reports using SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Report Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, develop, test, implement and manage complex ETL processes sourcing data from a variety of internal and external systems supporting Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Café, E-commerce, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources
- Expert knowledge in database and report performance engineering, diagnosing and tuning of ETL programs and reports
- Expert understanding of data warehouse concepts such as star schemas, snow flake schemas, operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts
- Design, develop, maintain and publish logical and physical data models, entity relationship diagrams and a common data dictionary
- Design, document, maintain and publish data flow diagrams depicting source to target mappings supporting a tiered data architecture comprised of source systems, an operational data store (ODS), data warehouse (DW) and data marts (DM).
- Track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and peers
- Works collaboratively with key business users to understand their information needs and provide high quality, high performing and intuitive data solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and collaboratively with IS peers and managed service providers to identify, understand and analyze complex data in a variety of source systems such as: ERP, WMS, CRM, E-Com, HRMS, etc.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills. Comfortable creating high level plans, setting dates, making commitments and delivering high quality results on time
- Comfortable assisting in the design and development of reports, charts and graphs
- Comfortable operating as a subject matter expert, leader and mentor to improve the knowledge, skills and capabilities of DW/BI throughout the company
- Participates in the evaluation of new business intelligence technologies such as data modeling, ETL, appliances, reporting tools and portal solutions
- Participation in rotating off-hours, on-call duties is required
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field is required
- At least 5 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server Database, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS is required
- Experience with other relational databases, BI reporting and data discovery tools is highly desirable
- Regularly sit for extended periods of time
- Use computer equipment including keyboard, mouse and monitor
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.