Norwich, VT 05055
The Commercialization Manager is accountable for leading project management and facilitating the successful execution of end-to-end supply chain solutions. The commercialization of new products and line extensions as well as identifying and delivering on-going productivity through continuous improvement activities.The Commercialization Manager will act as the Operations point with all cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Business Process Improvement and Finance.)
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for the development and execution of end-to-end supply chain solutions to successfully commercialize and deliver our client products.
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy of project chartering, product set-ups, specifications, requirements, etc. Utilizing all appropriate tools, applications, platforms and processes to ensure accuracy.
- Lead packaging and product change management processes. Identify, organize and utilize all necessary technical subject matter expertise to ensure effective primary, secondary and tertiary packaging solutions are achieved as needed.
- Facilitate effective collaboration, communication and execution of all necessary internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide on-going communication updates to our client Leadership and cross-functional stakeholders via the development and utilization of relevant project trackers, communication tools and processes.
- As an individual contributor, develop and leverage strong subject matter expertise of all internal and external production and packaging line capabilities necessary to effectively scope projects, manage constraints and support the investment of capital as needed.
- Develop continuous improvements necessary to deliver all relevant product renovations, standardization and rationalizations.
- Participate in the S&OP process, review product demand forecast and specifications, change requests and contracts to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are considered in sourcing and production planning.
- Identify on-going productivity pipelines. Deliver operational savings, ensuring that savings are tracking according to expectations.
- Travel and resource on-site activities as necessary to appropriately test, qualify, validate commercialization activities as appropriate.
- Accountable for managing co-packer relationships by serving as communication liaison between all internal client cross-functional stakeholders, as well as external partners.
- Responsible for all aspects of COGS management, including contract negotiation and management.
Minimum job requirements
- Bachelor’ s degree and 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in R&D, engineering, operations or commercialization in food manufacturing.
- Proven track record with multi-market, multi-channel product launches.
- Proven track record of project management, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communication.
- Proven track-record of effectively leading, communicating, managing and executing multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic environment.
- Proven track-record of identifying and delivering on-going cost-savings.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and utilization of continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and effectively interact with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and change of directions.
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Set high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learn from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view
- Participate in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Community minded – get involved, volunteer
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- The work environment of this position is conducted within the general office with up to 75% of the function being performed at the computer. One must be acclimated to an open office seating structure as well as a collaborative, open door policy.
- Understand and demonstrate ergonomic best practices to prevent injury
- Comply with all good manufacturing practices (GMP) and personal protective equipment (PPE) programs when working in manufacturing facilities
- Understand that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engage in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educate oneself on our clients environmental campaigns
- Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact