Merrimack, NH 03054
Our client in Southern New Hampshire is looking to add a candidate to their calibration technician department. This position has great opportunity for the right candidate, offering a 9/80 work schedule that allows for a great work/life balance!
JOR JOB OBJECTIVES:
Apply knowledge and experience in the metrology field in order to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in the electrical, dimensional, optical, physical, mechanical, environmental, and/or electronic disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy. Develop testing and calibration procedures and required data results for instruments and equipment, using blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications as requirements.
- Adapts equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish specific operational verification' s.
- Maintain calibration standards/masters appropriate for IM&TE verification.
- Maintains a source of data from calibration results to assure a proper audit trail is available to customers.
- Initiates corrective actions to address identified measurement anomalies.
- Assists others with equipment installation, use, maintenance, and repair.
- Using mathematical formulae, analyzes and converts test data and reports results and any proposed modifications.
- Disassembles and reassembles instruments and equipment as required in order to inspect instruments and equipment for defects.
- Communicates regularly with equipment users to apprise them of the calibration status of their measuring and test equipment, including reports delineating which items are about to expire calibration, are overdue or non located items.
- Writes new or modifies existing laboratory procedures, calculates required tolerances of accuracy and specifies data required to show compliance to required accuracy.
- Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
- Instructs other team members in procedures particular to his/her expertise.
Requires a technical Associates degree or equivalent technical background, and a minimum of 8 years experience in the repair and calibration of electronic/electro mechanical, process control test and mechanical equipment. Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent type software. Requires excellent communication and customer service skills. Candidate should have a desire to update their technical skills to stay current with an ever changing technology. This position requires frequent physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.