CNC Milling Machinist
159 Swanson Rd Boxborough, Massachusetts 01719 | Direct Hire
The Machinist will be responsible for machining high quality parts on-time to meet our customer needs and safety standards. Key deliverables for this position are: machining parts that meet engineering specifications per production schedules, identifying and escalating capacity concerns to the team leader, identifying and implementing safety improvements, and performing routine and preventative maintenance in a timely manner. Candidate must be self-motivated and a team player. Solid analytical, problem solving, time-management, organizational, and multitasking skills are essential.
- Machine high-quality parts in accordance with production schedule and customer delivery requirements.
- Operate machinery (CNC machines, grinders, manual machines, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner in order to meet customer demand.
- Provide technical assistance on machine tool performance, calibration, fixturing, tooling, and PM requirements.
- Direct responsibility for establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving a safe working environment.
- Support efforts to drive efficiencies and productivity through the Machine Shop.
- Support and maintain preventative maintenance schedule with documented evidence.
- Collaborate with the team to optimize programs, reduce cycle times, and consolidate tooling.
- Identify and recommend improvements utilizing the ECR/ECO process.
- Contribute to meeting or exceeding Key Performance Indicators (KPI’ s) pertaining to safety, quality, delivery, and productivity for value stream(s).
- Participate in daily management discussions and assist with root cause and countermeasures pertaining to safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of CNC millers and lathes and/or manual millers and lathes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high precision milling that meets engineering drawing specifications.
- Excellent teamwork and good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of MRP system and material flow.
- Continuous improvement mindset related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Precision CNC Milling
- Ability to read and edit G code
- Ability to perform own set-ups and inspections
- Ability to write G code
- Ability to program using MasterCAM
- Ability to program, setup and operate a CMM
- CNC Turning
- Experience using an MRP system
- Experience working in an ISO: 9001 certified environment.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- High School Diploma
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.