CNC Maintenance Technician
Wilmington, Massachusetts 01821 | Contract
The CNC Maintenance Technician will be primarily responsible for performing maintenance activities on CNC manufacturing equipment. They will also assist manufacturing & facilities with other duties that do not require maintenance.
1st Shift – Mon-Fri, 7: 00am – 3: 30pm
2nd Shift – Mon – Fri, 3: 00pm – 11: 30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Operations department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Perform maintenance work on weekends and off hours as necessary in order to mitigate production disruptions.
- Primary focus on maintaining CNC equipment by performing preventative maintenance and unplanned maintenance.
- Perform general maintenance on all manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to the assembly, installation, or repairing of wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Assist in the investigation and implementation of corrective actions on product and process failures.
- Responsible for upkeep of manufacturing areas and provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Support engineering activities such as process validations and equipment qualifications.
- Interface with vendors to seek solutions for equipment repairs and refurbishment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Record completed PM action to log form as directed by the log form instructions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device and/or regulated environment, preferred.
- Familiarity with FANUC, Mazak, and Matsuura CNC machinery
- Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and repair abilities
- Knowledge of CNC design and operation
- Experience working with various testing equipment such as ballbar, electrical test equipment, calipers, dial indicators, etc. in order to maintain CNC equipment and execute IQ/OQ/PQ as necessary.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Working basic knowledge of hand tools (socket set, metric wrenches, tools, etc.) and must be able to wear the necessary personal protective equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, non-slip footwear etc.).
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with ISO Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications and common Preventative Maintenance Work Order systems.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Familiar with general machining techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations and standards.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Capable of working in material blending and machining areas with necessary personal protective equipment (eye protection, dust mask, nitrile gloves).
- Ability to work overtime, extended hours and weekends as business demands.
- Must adhere to quality and safety standards established by FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work in changing environments (reduced lighting, increased noise, temperature variances, dust etc.).