19 Brent Drive Hudson, Massachusetts 01749 | Contract
Responsible for operating machines and tools to produce metal and plastic parts to meet precise specifications. Machines small batches or individual parts as required.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished part, sequence of operation and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to produce machined parts.
- Verifies conformance of finished part to specification, using measuring and inspections tools as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks, lubrication, adjustments, and cleaning, on machines as required.
- Confers with engineers, fabrication foreman, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Ensure that safe practices are followed and adhered to.
- CNC operation and programming experience
- Knowledge of speeds and feed for various cutting tools on a variety of materials.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Work independently performing machine set-up and develop fixtures as needed. Coordination, attention to detail, and sound judgment.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.