Fitchburg, MA 01420
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a CNC Machinist?
Our client provides excellence in manufacturing for the medical, automotive, defense, and other industries.
They are now hiring!
Our client is seeking a CNC Machinist to work for a rapidly growing company in the Fitchburg area. The company is a world class contract manufacturer for the Medical Device, Aerospace, Defense and Life Sciences markets.
The Machinist will be trained on Set Ups of the machines for Stainless Steel, Titanium lot batched parts and plastics
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, along with size and position of cuts
- Clean and maintain machines, tooling and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition
- Comply to all company policies
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation
- Lift work pieces, fixtures and vices to machine manually or with hoist or crane
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to fix any problems
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on machines using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Basic understanding of quality management systems related to ISO 9001 & ISO 13485
- Basic understanding of Work Instructions and their related data collection documents (e.g. run sheets)
- Operate computer-controlled machine centers to perform one or more machine functions
- Remove and replace dull cutters
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement according to machining sequences
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries following all safety regulations
- Work with programmers to troubleshoot manufacturing problems
- High School diploma or GED recommended
- Print reading / interpretation preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in metal working preferred
- Experience with Hurco 3axis, 4axis machining
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.