Industry: Light Industrial/Manufacturing
Job Number: 51196
This PCB design manufacturing company, who has a great reputation in the industry, is now seeking a CNC Machining Manager!
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Production Machining department including scheduling and operation.
- Understand screw machine operations and limitations of designs due to tooling requirements
- Work with Engineering to ensure new products will meet both design and screw machine manufacturing requirements.
- Determine tooling requirements for new products and design/manage/procure the tooling for prototype or production run of the parts.
- Provide recommendations to both engineering and screw machine personnel for substitutions or design changes that help drive cost out of parts and/or improve product quality.
- Assist in the design of tooling appropriate to the department, including collets & cutters.
- Manage the procurement of both in-house built and purchased tooling.
- Assist in the development of the manufacturing process of the components including programming of the machines, setup of the machines and part quality inspection.
- Design support tooling and equipment that will enhance the manufacturing of the product, such as part handling equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in CNC screw machine facility.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred or 10+ years similar work experience.
- Experience in fixture/jig/tooling design is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about metal fabrication and/or machining.
- Must be comfortable disassembling and repairing equipment to maintain production.
- Must have experience with measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, etc.).
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.