Boxborough, MA 01719
Our client is seeking an entry-level CAD Designer who is passionate about designing motion systems!
The CAD Designer will be responsible for engineering support for custom motion solutions for major customers in the US, Europe, and Asia. The ideal candidates will possess an Electro-Mechanical design background in a dynamic project development environment.
- Project design to include: electrical and mechanical design detail (assembly drawings, detail drawings, and schematics), and documentation (Bill of Materials, ECR’ s, assembly instructions).
- Maintain and complete ECR/ECO forms within database and MRP system.
- Create procedures to document assembly practices.
- Sales support to include: RFQ evaluation, design quotations, proposal models, and drawings.
- Provide customer assistance and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform light product design and modifications to existing products.
- Address questions from suppliers.
- Ability to develop electro-mechanical prototype designs in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Customer-focused mentality with a high sense of urgency.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues to accomplish a common goal.
- Strong organizational and written communication skills.
- A commitment to accuracy of work output.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in drafting and modeling using SolidWorks and/or ProE/Creo.
- Experience with 2D CAD; such as AutoCAD.
- Strong understanding of standard drafting practices.
- Prior working experience using MRP software to generate various levels of engineering documentation.
- Aptitude for hands-on engineering design.
- Proficiency with computers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior working experience in the life sciences and diagnostics instrumentation space.
- Prior working experience at an ISO certified company (ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485).
- Prior design experience with high accuracy motion control systems.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Printed Circuit Board Design and Layout using Altium.
- Associates Degree in drafting or design, high school diploma, or equivalent with 4+ years of design experience.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.