Buyer and Expeditor
Bedford, MA 01730
Our client, located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, is looking for a Junior Buyer and Expeditor who has excellent communication skills, strong time management skills, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to meeting deadlines and receiving critical orders on time.
The Junior Buyer and Expeditor will be responsible for communicating with vendors and shipping companies to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive at their destinations on time. Will be required to report any pending delivery delays to team. Track orders from placement through delivery. Will be required to analyze lead times and consumption to assist in maintaining flow of materials in production.
- Assist in maintaining the manufacturing system with accurate and timely data.
- Utilize system reports to contact supply base to obtain commit dates for open purchase orders.
- Expedite open purchase orders and amend commit dates in Oracle R12 for date accuracy.
- Update status reports with accurate and timely information.
- Assist in clearing of receiving and incoming inspection issues.
- Provide assistance to Sourcing Managers and Production Planners with material status.
- Obtain quotes and place purchase orders as directed by Sourcing Managers.
- Contact suppliers to obtain accurate delivery information and to expedite orders.
- Accountability - Excellent communication skills, strong time management skills, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to meeting deadlines and receiving critical orders on time. Will be required to report any pending delivery delays to team. Track orders from placement through delivery. Will be required to analyze lead times and consumption to assist purchasing.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication - This person will be responsible for communicating with vendors, and shipping companies to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive at their destinations on time.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Associate' s Degree (two year college or technical school) is preferred, Field of Study: Materials or Business Management.
- Experience: 2 plus years of experience in manufacturing or related experience.
- Computer Skills: General computer skills and Excel spreadsheets.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.