101 Billerica Avenue Billerica Office Park Building 7 North Billerica, Massachusetts 01862 | Contract
This position is responsible for procurement of assigned materials and service utilizing the most cost effective use of company funds. Work through supply changes to ensure company meets short and long term manufacturing and non-manufacturing goals in terms of cost and delivery schedule.
- Obtains verbal and written price quote from vendors
- Prepares purchase orders using SAP for the purchase of goods and services
- Researches and sources engineering defined components globally
- Tracks and maintains inventory management cost reports
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other department to complete the purchasing requisition from order through receiving goods or services
- Coordinates production schedule changes with the suppliers by negotiating price adjustments for either up or down volume swings.
- Manages key suppliers to ensure adequate capacity and production planning
- Collaborates with Engineering and other groups on NPI and prototype product procurement
- Processes Engineering changes for purchased components
- Assist in setting standard costs and maintaining/controlling PPV of assigned commodities in compliance with requirement
- Responsible for change management of suppliers
- Conducts all business within company policies and procedures including appropriate approvals
- Negotiations with suppliers regarding price and delivery commitments.
- Maintains professional business relationship with suppliers.
- Common business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for goods and services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Have thorough knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures and sound business controls
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results
- Have great oral and written communications kills
- Candidates must have experience in manufacturing or operations/Engineering in similar type of industry
- Understand inventory management process
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.