Merrimack, NH 03054
Responsible for all materials planning and production scheduling for assigned products and/or manufacturing cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
- Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
- Works under the direction of a more senior buyer planner or manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
- Under general supervision, works on “ developmental” and “ transition to production” programs.
- Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
- Creates planning BOM and ensures accuracy for customer repairs.
- Has basic understanding of how MRP works and the interaction with other Oracle modules.
- Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify problems from the ERP workbench.
- Releases orders to the shop and suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
- Sends out quote packages.
- Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
- A Bachelor' s Degree in Business Administration and 3-5 years experience or an MBA and 1-3 years related experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, Just In Time Production, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle system also a plus. Level of lean understanding equivalent to a green belt
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.