Billing Specialist - 1st Shift
162 Corporate Drive, Suite 100 Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801 | Contract
Our client, who has a reputation for designing and building connectors and fiber optics, is now looking for a Billing Specialist to support their very busy Accounting Department!
This position will track the activity on the customer order and create manual invoices when appropriate. This will require that all manual activity is tracked in Excel and reconciled. This position will monitor the status of the invoice and provide collection support. This person will also assist with transferring the manual tracking into ERP system when project module is available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking and reconciling activity between Excel worksheet and the ERP system.
- Typing milestone invoices.
- Tracking activity to determine when a milestone has been met.
- Input invoice on Government site for payment and collections.
- Work paper and journal entry creation.
- Support other members of the Accounting Team including the Accounting Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree preferred, but proven booking skills may be substituted.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Must be able to understand complex customer orders and interpret what billing is required.
- Must be willing to learn the product and ERP system (IFS) to understand the order status.
- Must have a strong understanding of accounting principles and be able to demonstrate this knowledge through accurate reconciliations and general ledger entries.
- MFG experience is a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- IFS (ERP System), SAP, and Oracle.
- Advanced Excel skills, including use of pivot tables.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.