Brattleboro, VT 05301 | Contract
Our client is seeking an Applications Engineer to join their team. You will be responsible for achieving all necessary links between the customer and the organization which will match the customer to an ideal solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical project management.
- Technical sales and writing.
- Collaboration with the Research and Development Department as needed.
- Researching markets, making onsite customer visits, and attending trade shows.
- Develops an appropriately detailed understanding of the customer’ s applications and filter requirements.
- Assists the customer in accurately identifying requirements, matching Omega’ s abilities, and selling the best solution.
- Develop detailed filter specifications that best meet the customer’ s need and make best use of Omega’ s manufacturing capabilities.
- Prepare detailed formal quotations that include all of the anticipated costs to manufacture to the customer’ s specifications.
- Set forth a preliminary manufacturing plan using most efficient and appropriate manufacturing methods.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in field.
- Confers with workers in other departments, such as marketing, legal, and engineering, to provide technical information.
- Develops and conducts sales staff training programs on the application in order to improve discovery efforts.
Excellence in This Position:
- Knowledge of interference and optics.
- Excellent communication skill both literal and verbal.
- Ability to make a customer feel our offer is responsive.
- Effective use of time so that responses are rapid.
- Act in accordance with all company policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, or 4 to 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Requires a broad base of knowledge and expertise of thin film optical coating and supporting areas of technology and equipment.
- Must be able to develop strong, trusting and supportive relationships with the Sales and Business Development Department as well as the Production and Engineering Departments.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.