Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Contract
The Warehouse Inventory Coordinator will play a key role on the Hopkinton warehouse team, with duties that cover a wide range of activities.
Responsibilities for the position include:
· Daily movement of inventory (receipts, transfers, issues) and supporting ERP (Oracle) transactions with accuracy.
· Daily completion of inventory cycle counts, verification for record accuracy, ERP data entry and reconciliation of inaccurate records to root cause and assignment of corrective actions.
· Safely operate material handling equipment to move and store inventory in high-bay storage racks.
· Able to read and understand SDS’ s (safety data safety sheets) and recognize special handling and labeling needs of hazardous material.
· Deploy business initiatives as they impact the warehouse (e.g. Inventory Accuracy, 5S, Lean, Re-Tag, etc.).
· Maintain certifications of compliance/training in appropriate areas and equipment operation within the warehouse.
· Ensures all inventory movement is dispositioned and warehouse area is neat and orderly at the close of each business day.
· May perform duties of Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, Shipper or Receiver as assigned including but not limited to Kanban releases, customer website entry, etc.
· Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
· Demonstrates appropriate inter-personal and decision-making skills to perform warehouse duties.
· Demonstrates appropriate inter-personal skills in resolving conflicts that impede daily priorities and proper inventory storage.
· Demonstrates knowledge of inventory accuracy and alignment with related physical disposition of inventory.
· Demonstrates ability to follow directions from and communicate with supervisors, technicians and co-workers.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach above shoulder level, use hands for simple grasping and some fine manipulation and perform repetitive work.
· Ability to use proper Personal Protective Equipment and demonstrate high personal commitment to work safely.
· Previous experience working to written instructions and procedures then work independently and cooperatively.
· Demonstrates commitment to housekeeping and maintaining an organized work area.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Excellent math and communication skills are a must as is attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrable interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
· Office equipment (computers, fax, copy, scan) and software (Microsoft, Word, Excel)
· Ability to transact inventory receipts, locating, storage, issue, transfer and cycle count functions of ERP (Oracle).
· Works independently and able to follow directions.
· Demonstrable understanding of Safety Data Sheets, Hazardous Material Handling, Safety and Housekeeping.
· Experience with safe operation of dock and warehouse equipment (jacks, lifts, scales, etc) certified training preferred. Use material handling equipment and lift/move materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
· Previous warehouse experience desired.
· US citizen or Permanent Residency required