Wafer Fab Operator
Lawrence, Massachusetts | Contract
Process wafers in a cleanroom environment following written specifications and performing multiple operations. Responsible for manual data entry on process travelers, SPC charts and log books, and computer data entry for lot tracking and equipment tracking. Interface with multiple people and multiple functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• May perform equipment set-up and calibration, and may perform routine preventative maintenance tasks.
• Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
• Substantial understanding of the job and apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
• Interact with all levels of employees to increase output, reduce waste, standardize work instructions, incorporate continuous improvement, and improve communications and cooperation between departments.
• Engage in daily production operation and anticipate product problems (i.e. so that loss of work hours is minimized and production objectives are met).
• Perform wafer fabrication functions in the production of semiconductor devices.
• Operate equipment in performing alignment, masking, etch, deposition and diffusion.
• Exchange timely information with other team members on product flow and workforce needs.
• Demonstrate a keen awareness of safety practices and familiarity with OSHA standards.
• Create and update technical documents and process/work specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.