North Hartland, Vermont | Contract
To be able to use appropriate equipment such as surface grinder, jib-bore, jig grind, and Prototrak equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawings. With the proper equipment have the ability to create angles, radius on all tooling to create a high quality, tight tolerance part. These duties are to be performed within quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study blueprints, and drawing to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
- Review shop orders and drawings to determine job specifications and requirements.
- Performs dimensional inspection of product as required.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools as needed.
- Loads and unloads product.
- Lay out and mark reference points and dimensions on materials, using measuring instruments.
- Rework or alter component model or parts as required to ensure that products meet standards.
- Devise and construct tools, jigs, and fixtures, or modify existing tools and equipment.
- Drill, countersink, and ream holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screws and other fasteners.
- Ability to foresee changes relevant to area of responsibility
- Ability to organize work assignments to ensure efficient operations
- Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. · Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.