Thermotype Foil Press Op-1st
Townsend, Massachusetts | Contract
Job Summary: Under general direction from team manager and in conjunction with team members, contribute to company quality and service commitments by
operating equipment, such as, Single Color, Sheet Fed or Continuous/Web presses. Runs mostly standard work and basic manual numbering may be required. Automated or basic setups and changeovers may be required.
Job Purpose and Duties:
- Perform a complete set-up of press in an efficient manner, which may include: identifying and loading correct stock, setting correct paper path and stretch, mounting plates, die registration, making appropriate adjustments to the ink and water levels, assuring accurate single-color register and setting up any attribute functions, e.g. perforations, number, file holes, thermo unit, etc.
- Determine and understand all order instructions and running of press productively while, meeting job requirements of ink density, ink and water balance, color matching, and required attributes at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customer’ s expectations.
- Maintain the ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns; demonstrate the ability to make adjustments to the equipment including blanket changes, wash up units, cleaning water system and roller settings as required.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance and cleaning to ensure a quality product to customer as required. Understand all press controls and demonstrate their use.
- Maintain knowledge of the press, current printing processes and develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
- Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications.
Examples may include: maintaining acceptable ink densities, troubleshooting lithographic press settings and willingness to cross train other team members.
- Contribute toward team effectiveness and workflow efficiency by rotating duties as needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Support operations and contribute toward team results by performing other production or related jobs as required.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
- Basic math and reading skills; basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Familiar with product, equipment, printing process and ink usage preferred.
- Mechanical ability to operate and maintain equipment as required.
High School (or equivalent)
Must pass background check and be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Previous Press Operator experience